Wednesday, March 27, 2024

The Act of Serving Changes Meaning When You Look At It In A Higher Perspective

 You will come to a point in your life when you realized “I think it’s time for me to revisit some decisions I put on hold for the longest time because of uncertainty”. Realization that at some point, circumstances just lead you to finally face that what has been given is just what you needed for a breakthrough in your life.  How funny it is that everything comes in full circle, when you think that you are satisfied by what was given, but it pushes you to do more and be more. 

My love for helping is embedded in me and within the culture I grow up with. But, being able to see and experience different perspectives on helping, I realized that there are different languages and form of helping. Which in the field I chose to be in service of to the collective demands more than giving but delving into deeper understanding of human development. What a surprise when you have those “AHA” moment that forces you to re-adjust, re-calibrate your thought pattern not for your self gratification but for those that you choose to serve. 

The act of serving changes meaning when you look at it in a higher perspective. It’s like the stages of life, each layer leads you to opening something that at first you live for your own self reassurance and finally upgrading to helping others find their self reassurance as well.

Sometimes I look at my experiences and say, why all the challenges that are unnecessary? But then I stopped questioning and instead say ok I’m ready and I will head on face it with thank you for being you! For being the joyful you, for being the open minded you, for always respecting and giving space for others to be who they are, for knowing that we all carry weaknesses that only we can relate, for carrying others burden because of lack of understanding. So many reasons, but yet all have its own beautiful ways of making us realize how perfect timing presents itself when you are finally ready.

It is a long time coming, but once again I can say “Let’s do it! And this time, let’s face it with grace and full of rigor that there is only one way to go and that is to “ELEVATE”

To God Always Be The Glory!  Namaste

Maria Lourdes Gauthier

No comments:

Post a Comment

Personal Biases

One thing  I have observed over and over again are personal biases. Most of us are governed so much by ego, that having to look inside and f...