Saturday, March 10, 2012

A Way to Deal with Ignorant Personalities


Sometimes I ponder... How does a person handle an ignorant personality graciously???

I've been blessed enough to be able to experience a life where people of different races and colors surrounds me.  I'm always impressed at myself for being able to react positively towards an ignorant personality. "I just don't want any argument to escalate."

People will always have their own opinion on something, and I do respect that.  Everyone are entitled to their own opinion, but one must realize... that, not all opinions are valid enough to be considered an intelligent one. 

As our generations evolve, our experiences teaches us something more important than any theories in books. But, some books are meant to be written and be read. These books opens our mind to a new way of thinking. Such books usually talk to the heart and teaches our ego to be quiet.

One book I do recommend for everyone to read is "The Four Agreements" by: Don Miguel Ruiz. This book help me release most of the emotional baggage that ignorant comments brought into my life.

I do agree that if one doesn't know their own emotional limitations... Emotional trauma will slowly  lurks in. Such trauma leads one to bluntly comment on something out of ignorance as well.

I don't hate those kind of personality, I admit it... we've all been blurting ignorant comments just to hide our own insecurities.

After being introduced to Don Miguel Ruiz's writings by a friend. I was able to learn how to deal and positively react to an ignorant comments. These teaching has been my guidance and shield for quite a while now.

"The Four Agreements that Don Miguel Ruiz's mentioned in his book are :" 

                Be Impeccable with your word
                Don't take anything personally
                Don't make assumptions
                Always do your best

As I experience every now and then these ignorant personalities, I'm thankful that there are people who unselfishly extend their knowledge. Knowledge and guidance in helping individual heal and rise to the challenges that we are meant to deal with.

My choice is... instilling the four agreements into my heart and hopefully share these precious teachings to all my love ones by writing about it. And, that's my way of dealing with ignorant personalities.

So... Happy reading everyone! Leave a comment if you like.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Act of Serving Changes Meaning When You Look At It In A Higher Perspective

 You will come to a point in your life when you realized “I think it’s time for me to revisit some decisions I put on hold for the longest t...